Collection of information:
Entertainment Publications collects information about you in 4 different ways:
- Member Activation: When you activate your Entertainment Gold Card by filling out the activation form in your Entertainment Book, or when you activate or purchase a Book online, we will ask you to provide certain information about yourself. This information may include name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, credit card number, Entertainment Gold Card number, and the name of the Book edition that you have purchased or wish to purchase.Information such as where you purchased the Book and any other personal information is optional. We will collect personal information such as this only when it has been voluntarily provided by you.
- Restaurant Appraisal Forms: When you complete a restaurant appraisal form as part of your Entertainment dining experience, we collect contact information such as your name, mailing address, and e-mail address.
- Voting for your Favourite Restaurant: When you vote for your favourite restaurant using the online form or the form in the Entertainment Book, we collect contact information such as your name, mailing address and e-mail address.
- Cookies/IP Addresses: Entertainment Publications' primary website, www.entertainmentbook.com.au does not collect permanent cookies.
Entertainment Publications collects information about individuals using the Frequent Values™ series of websites through Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. An IP address is a number that is unique to the computer through which you are connected to the Internet. The Frequent Values™ series of websites also use "cookies" to assign identification to your computer. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your web browser on your computer's hard drive. Cookies allow a website to store and reference specific types of information while you are visiting it, and to keep your session "live" when you are logged in. Entertainment Publications cookies contain no personal information or financial information. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, although your browser preferences may be changed to prevent this if you so desire. Please see www.cookiecentral.com for further information.
Use of information by Entertainment Publications:
- We use the information we collect from you in order to provide you with a specific service. For example, we use your contact information (eg. name, address and credit card information), along with your Entertainment Gold Card number, to provide you with, and/or bill you for, any Entertainment Books you wish to purchase and which may be available directly from us (note: you will not be able to use such services without providing this information).
- We also use your contact information to verify your identity if you wish to replace a lost or stolen Entertainment Gold Card, and to monitor usage of the Card to ensure that the it is used in accordance with our Rules of Use which can be found by clicking here, or on pages 1-3 of your Entertainment Book.
- We may also use this information to improve our marketing efforts and services, analyse site usage and customise our website's content and layout.
- We may also use this information to notify you of special offers, restaurant updates, discounts, and new products and services related to the purchase of your Entertainment Book (via e-mail, SMS and other on and off-line communications). If you do not wish to receive these communications from us, please notify us by e-mail at email@example.com or call (02) 9016 1300.
- If you provide information to us as part of the restaurant appraisal process, we may use that information to compile aggregate statistics on the appraised restaurant.
- If you are providing artwork for your fundraising organisation, we may use these in materials relating to the promotion of the book fundraiser by your organisation.
- We use the information you provide to us when you vote for your favourite restaurant to determine who is the winner of our Entertainment Gold Awards, and award the members who are winners of our "$100 dinner for 2 contest" their prize.
Who will see or have access to your information?
We may disclose to third parties aggregate anonymous statistics regarding our customers, sales, traffic analyses and other information regarding or collected through our websites and printed forms. Other than in this anonymous form, we will not disclose your personal information without first obtaining your permission except as follows:
- We may disclose personal information if required by law or legal process.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties providing, or assisting us in providing, services requested by you, and for billing purposes.
- We may disclose your personal information to the fundraiser that sold you your Entertainment Book so that the fundraiser may notify you when next year's edition is available.
- We may disclose your personal information provided voluntarily as part of the restaurant appraisal process to the restaurant you appraised, so that the restaurant can provide you with information that it thinks you may be interested in about that restaurant
We process online customer orders and collect and store personally identifiable information using 128 SSL encryption technology. SSL encrypts the information you input before it is sent to us via the Internet. In addition, all of the customer information we collected on our website is stored on Entertainment Publication of Australia Pty Ltd's host server which is located in a restricted access area and is password protected.
We store all other material that contains personally identifiable information (including orders for Books and restaurant feedback slips) at our premises. These premises are kept secure at all times. All material received by us containing personally identifiable information is destroyed after 12 months.
Links to other sites: ads
Correcting and updating your information
You may gain access to personal information that Entertainment Publications has collected about you by contacting (02) 9016 1300. You may also request to have any of your personal information corrected or updated by sending an e-mail to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling us at (02) 9016 1300.